- HMO Management
- Guaranteed Rent
- Property Management
- Landlord Service Fees
- What is an HMO?
- LHA: Landlords
- HMO Amenities
- Buying Property
- Equity Loans
- Maintenance Issues
- Property Disagreements
- Where To Invest
- Mortgage Guarantee
- Free HMO Consultation
- Royal Arsenal – Why Invest?
- Royal Arsenal - Luxury Living
- Royal Arsenal
- Royal Arsenal - Huge Potential
- Royal Arsenal - Crossrail 2018?
- Healthcare at the Royal Arsenal
- Royal Arsenal - Jobs Created
- Royal Arsenal - Community
- Royal Arsenal - Premier Area
- Getting Around London
- Royal Arsenal Letting Agent
- Free Rent Guarantee Insurance
Learn more about the services we offer and important legislation affecting landlordsRead More
See our Tenants guide to renting and the steps we take to help you find the right property.Read More
Greens Lettings | Letting Agent and HMO Expert | SE18 London
is our expertise. We take pride in the property solutions we offer.
1. We market landlords' properties to attract the best tenants.
2. We collect ongoing rental payments and forward monthly statements.
3. We perform property inspections regularly.
4. We make sure that service supplier details are given to the tenants (i.e. electricity, water, gas, etc).
5. We sell your service and provide accurate rental valuations for landlords' properties.
6. We list tenant requirements and provide property matching.
7. We analyse applications from prospective tenants and (if required) guarantors in order to assess and ensure affordability.
8. We prepare a tenancy agreement customised to each landlord in accordance with current law.
9. We constantly review and ensure legal compliance in all aspects of property management.
10. We take steps against tenants in the event of rental arrears.
11. We manage timely repair or maintenance, instructing tradesmen to attend the property if required.
12. We give advice on Landlords' legal obligations. As professional property managers, it is our duty to stay current on the latest legal developments in the housing industry.
Greens Lettings provides several property solutions to cater to your requirements and needs. The following is a partial list of all the services for our valued tenants and landlords. If you are a tenant, it is wise to review and understand your Tenancy Agreement. As a valued landlord, it is wise to also review your Property Management Agreement, also called Landlord Letting and Management Agreement.
- You are our primary responsibility. We manage the overall operation and control of student and residential lettings in London―SE18, SE2, SE3, SE7, SE9, SE28, SW19―just to name a few of the areas we cover.
- We source high quality tenants and do the required background, credit, reference checks. This includes looking into criminal and rental history.
- We can offer increased security, house-sitting services, furniture storage and moving services.
- We can organize local sub-contracting to make the property more comfortable when the owner or tenant is in residence. Activities include setting up and maintaining utilities, anything to do with the operations, and sourcing any needed supplies or staff.
- We manage the collection of rents and/or leases.
- We manage the general condition of the rental property.
- We ensure that we meet all licensing and compliance requirements.
- We aid and advise prospective tenants in the entire application process.
- We stay in tune with tenant needs and resolve any home repair & improvement issues.
- Cleaning service (per agreement).
- Maintenance―this includes common areas such as garden maintenance, landscaping, snow removal (per agreement).
Managing a Property
Greens Lettings | Letting Agent | London Landlords SE18
Managing property is not easy. There a million little things that can go wrong. If you prepare right, you can prevent potential problems from happening, saving you hundreds and maybe even thousands of pounds. Regular inspections and maintenance will help identify potential problems while they are still small and relatively inexpensive to fix.
1. Test all of your carbon monoxide and fire alarms regularly. A good rule of thumb is to check the batteries on a monthly basis. Carbon monoxide detectors have an average life span of 5 years, and smoke detectors have a life span of 10 years. Lives are at stake, so this is highest on our list.
2. Pest control. Depending on where you live, you may experience different problems. The range is endless: Mosquitoes, termites, ants, rats, bees, bedbugs, cockroaches, birds. This is also high on the list because effective pest control guarantees a high quality of life, can prevent damage, prevent disease, legal action, and mortality in the most extreme cases.
3. Make regular inspections of your air filtration systems. This affects the overall health of your tenants. Regular inspection and maintenance of your heating and air conditioning systems is an absolute must. Besides the obvious health benefits, this can help reduce utility bills. High utility bills may force some tenants to rent elsewhere.
4. Look for water damage up above. Heavy rain season would be a great time to check for any water damage or water leaks. Look for soft spots and mould. Generally, the sooner problems are found, the cheaper it will cost to fix.
5. Likewise, you should look/inspect for water damage not just up above on the roof, but also in your bathrooms and kitchen―basically anywhere there are tiles and grout. Grout wears out over time and when the seal is no longer strong enough to seal against water, then water damage can occur.
6. Post your emergency numbers in a prominent place so your tenants can have a point of contact should any problems occur with your property.
Contact us if you have any questions about managing a property in general. We can be reached via our Contact Page by clicking here.
Full Property Management Services
Greens Lettings provides full property management services in South East London (SE18). Other areas we cover currently are SE2, SE3, SE7, SE9, SE28, SW19, E16, UB7 to name a few. To landlords in our region, we strive to maximise your return on investment over the long term by providing timely maintenance, comprehensive tenant screenings and a commitment and passion to keeping your properties rented. Greens Lettings can take complete control of letting your residential property from beginning to end. We take great pride in keeping clean, well-cared for properties which we accomplish through regular inspections, security checks and a prompt response to all maintenance requests. We believe in the use of the most current systems and technology to operate more efficiently, passing on the savings on to our landlords.
- Arrange the inventories and documents you need prior to letting.
- Hold the tenant’s security deposit.
- Inspect and report upon your property per contract, making minor repairs up to an agreed limit and settling invoices from rents received.
- Advise when the tenancy is coming to an end and seek your instructions for renewals.
- Organise a full property inspection and inventory at the end of the tenancy period.
- Agree on any deductions before releasing tenant deposit.
- Organise any necessary cleaning and minor repairs, deducting all costs from the tenant’s deposit where applicable per the terms of the contract.
- Monitor rental payments and notify you if renters fall behind or break the Tenancy Agreement.
We want our tenants to have the best rental experience possible. They are the core of our business and we want to be the best, friendliest, and most responsive Letting Agency in South East London and beyond. We respond promptly to service calls and do our best to eliminate safety and security issues. We provide our tenants with clean, safe and affordable housing.
- Ensure that all residential (and student) properties comply with safety legislations
- Tenancy deposits held in client account
- Proactive home search
- Inventory management
If you have any questions on Property Management in Blackheath SE3 and surrounding areas, please visit our Landlords page for more info or Contact us to speak to one of our friendly staff about our full property management services.
Greens Lettings is a property management company based in Shooters Hill, London. As your HMO expert in SE18, we continue to serve places in South East London such as SE2 (Abbey Wood), SE3 (Blackheath), SE7 (Charlton), SE9 (Eltham), SE10 (Greenwich South St), SE18 (Woolwich), SE23 (Lewisham) and SE28 (Bexley) — just to name a few. We are your local online letting agent specialising in HMO conversions and full management. We offer free consultation and free property valuation. Contact Greens Lettings here.